PAGES

Instagram Grid

YOUR Will, Not Mine

Saturday 10 May 2014

"Woe is me, for I am undone! Because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; For my eyes have seen the King, The Lord of hosts." ISAIAH 6:5

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying:
'Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?' Then I said, 
'HERE I AM! SEND ME.'" ISAIAH 6:8

Those verses are both so powerful. I started ISAIAH(this is just a word I think looks better in all caps) a couple days ago and am amazed by the prophecies. I can't help but imagine what it would have been like hearing that a deliverer is coming!
"Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a Son and shall call His name Immanuel.
Curds and honey He shall eat, that He may know to refuse the evil and choose the good."
ISAIAH 7:14-15
And to imagine who they pictured Jesus to be, this mighty KING swooping in the save the people and destroy the government.
"For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; 
And the government will be upon His shoulder and His name will be called
Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Of the increase of His government and peace there will be no end, 
upon the throne of David and over His kingdom,
To order it and establish it with judgment and justice 
From that time forward, even forever."
ISAIAH 9:6-7

When I read these verses I can see why the world was so surprised and in unbelief when Jesus, son of Joseph & Mary claimed to be the Messiah they were waiting for. But how amazing, that the Son of God, willingly came to earth as nothing, a man, and in those days a "lowly" man. A man of no standing, no authority, a carpenter. I am so thankful that He came so humbly and lovingly to accept each and every sinner. And when the time came for Him to die a painful, humiliating death, all His heart desired was this:
"Father; if it is Your will, take this cup away from Me; 
nevertheless not My will, but Yours, be done."
Luke 22:42
These verses made me realize that when we are going through something difficult, or painful, when things are just hard, we quickly run to the Lord asking Him to deliver us. We ask Him to take our cup away. I know so many times with this pregnancy I've prayed, "Please help me feel better!" But today as I was meditating on the ISAIAH verses, the Lord really put on my heart how vital it is that we also pray, "But NOT my will, but YOURS, be done." He is a God of healing, so powerful, and wants me to pray to Him and trust that He can make me better, but He wants my Faith. He wants me to desire His Will for my life even if that means I have to sit in a hard place for a while. This can be difficult to do, even today I was tested to believe that His Will does prevail above any worldly hardship.

"For all this His anger is not turned away,
But His hand is stretched out still."
ISAIAH 10:4

I hope today we all find an instance to trust His Will above our own!
God Bless, T








No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code

<